Sign in to follow this  
Gretta

Moderation - from Player to staff

We do have a suggestions and feedback section here already and I do urge players to still use this, but here on the forums I moderate between players and the community managers who then can inform the devs keeping them up to date. 

My intention here is to be the voice of the players, as a player myself and of those who play alongside me. 

I am sure we can inform of glitches and or bugs, and of course that does play a big part in any players experience. To keep the game fair and enjoyable for all. 

So I ask you players talk to me. Tell me what you think. Do you like the game play, is it smooth? what do you think about events? what could be added to the game, are there enough features and events to keep you occupied? 

Give the managers and myself as moderator a breakdown of how its going, how you are progressing with your character, do you need more information about the game? do we provide clear and concise guides? 

Its all about giving you the best gaming experience so everything is taken on board and used to better the game. 

I'll go first LOL ..... 

There are very many things about this game that i do really like, I played another well known MMORPG for a little under 5 years. I played it despite its well known and hated cashers come first priority. Until I couldn't stand it any more. 

Now let me say this before anything else.. all games have bugs and problems, but that is because they are complex, and played on browser not a Playstation type game. 

I love the graphics, I love the people I meet and play alongside, and more than anything else I love it because it is an escape from the realities we all have. My enjoyment of the game far outweighs any issues I have with it, I've thought about this and I only have 2 issues. 

1. Usable gear drops.  I'm level 273, still need one piece of 230 for the set, I need 5 pieces for level 250 set  and none yet for the 270.. so what do i do? keep going over old levels till i find them.. 43 levels after 230??  The frequency of 5 star usable gear needs to increase. 

2. Cross server bosses .. I have not been able to get more than 1 boss in days... there are some big players that make it nearly impossible to get there. so remedy..? less servers on the floor.. doesn't work, what would work is what has already been done, have the floors relevant to player level. 

Its honestly great that other elements to the game are being introduced, but for a happy medium that players will appreciate is something that will work for the many and not the few. 

Let me talk a little about myself and my experience as a Forum Moderator. I was a Moderator many years ago on s site called Stratics for a game called Ultima Online. Worked my way up to eventually being an Administrator. During that time I was also made an Administrator for some forums for one of the largest YouTube gaming networks and worked my way up to the position of Senior Forum Admin. My duties as a Mod on those forums are very much the same as here. Try to be an ear for players and to also offer advice and help to other players. As an Administrator for those forums I ad the same duties but I also managed the actual software and plugins that the forums were run off of. I helped design two completely different sets of forums. I enjoy helping and giving advice to other players the most.

I am curious as to what you guys plan to do to alleviate bullying issues with ROA. It would seem to me, that it is a terrible design flaw to have all these people on the cross server hogging bosses for the express purpose of stars for Odins gear, when there are still players trying desperately to get evolution stones for regular gear. The scarcity of certain items on this game is appalling, and there should be more options open to players other than getting matched against players with 4 times your BP to compete for resources. Those players that are selfishly controlling access to these bosses through multiple alts are making the game unpleasant for multitudes of other players. Is there a plan to separate these types of resources so that those who are higher level will look for them away from people just trying to begin the journey to end gear? I propose a few suggestions to make the game better for everyone. 1. Make more floors for higher level players. separate out incrementally all the way to 320. 2. Create another type of dungeon specifically for Odin stars and upgrade resources, so that people trying to finish regular gear, are not directly competing with those who inadvertently take all the spoils they don't need along with what they do. 3. Open up a way to purchase evolution stones with in game currency as an alternative to fighting bosses to get them. 4. Go from a time based to a coupon allotment way to ration bosses on the CS. There are many ways to deal with this aggravating problem. On a personal note, I have made the conscious decision to boycott cash purchasing until the issue of bullying is addressed, and I will actively encourage others to boycott an unfair and unjust system of oppression.

19 hours ago, player332448 said:

I am curious as to what you guys plan to do to alleviate bullying issues with ROA. 

As Moderators we do not have any "power" at all in game. All we can do is suggest what you have already done which is post about the issue and suggestions on how to make it better and then hopefully one of the Community Managers will see it and read it and take it to their group to discuss. As Moderators will try to deal with the issues on the forums like helping to make guides that explain what skills do and such and moderating issues between different people that post.

23 hours ago, player332448 said:

I am curious as to what you guys plan to do to alleviate bullying issues with ROA. 

Dear Player, I have passed on this information to the managers before with regards to creating other floors, other dungeons etc, as I believe it will help many players, but as Thomas has said we are only moderators, we can and do pass on this information when it is raised on the forums. 

Hello Lovely.. the support/ tech team are aware of the problem and are taking steps to fix it. Thanks for letting us know. 

what about the german forum? is there no mod left for germans?

its so death and we user hate it. it shows us how important our money is for u - only a little piece of shit u give us!

20 hours ago, player910916 said:

what about the german forum? is there no mod left for germans?

its so death and we user hate it. it shows us how important our money is for u - only a little piece of shit u give us!

Sorry that you feel that way but I am currently the only Moderator available and I only read and speak English. I do not understand German or French or any other language. Best thing would be to get someone that speak and understands German to be a Moderator for that section.